Jul 30, 2012
DCCC Continues on Offense, Launches Powerful Ads “The Millionaires”
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) continues on offense, releasing new online ads — titled “The Millionaires” — to expose twenty-three Republican Members of Congress who are about to vote for another tax cut for millionaires at the expense of the middle class and seniors. The new advertising begins today in the districts of twenty-three vulnerable House Republicans as part of the DCCC’s “Drive for 25” campaign to win the Majority.
With 100 days until Election Day, House Republicans will vote this week to give people making more than $1 million a year another $130,000 tax break, according to the Tax Policy Center, and once again double down on their failed priorities instead of protecting the middle class and seniors. This past weekend, the DCCC held “Middle Class First” grassroots events in 19 congressional districts to expose Republicans’ plans to put millionaires over the middle class.
“Democrats are on offense again as House Republicans vote this week to protect tax breaks for millionaires instead of strengthening the middle class,” said DCCC Chairman Steve Israel. “Under House Republicans’ top-down economics, millionaires, corporations that outsource jobs, Big Oil and special interests get a $130,000 tax break which we can’t afford. Democrats are holding Republicans accountable for their misplaced priorities and the heat is on House Republicans for putting millionaires and special interests first, and the middle class and seniors last.”
An example of the new “The Millionaires” ad can be seen here and the text of the script for the ad targeting Congressman Bobby Schilling (IL-17) follows:
Good news! Republicans want to cut your taxes.
And you deserve a tax break—after all, these things are expensive.
So Republicans want to give you, the millionaire, another tax break—all while charging seniors $6,000 more for Medicare!
This guy? Her? They don’t need it. They’ll just buy groceries and pay the mortgage.
But you’re going places and Congressman Bobby Schilling will knock down anyone in your way.
The ads will target the following districts:
- Congressman Rick Crawford (AR-01)
- Congressman Dan Lungren (CA-07)
- Congressman Jeff Denham (CA-10)
- Congresswoman Mary Bono Mack (CA-36)
- Congressman Brian Bilbray (CA-52)
- Congressman Steve King (IA-04)
- Congresswoman Judy Biggert (IL-11)
- Congressman Bobby Schilling (IL-17)
- Congressman Larry Bucshon (IN-08)
- Congressman Roscoe Bartlett (MD-06)
- Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler (MO-04)
- Congressman Jon Runyan (NJ-03)
- Congressman Joe Heck (NV-03)
- Congressman Michael Grimm (NY-11)
- Congresswoman Nan Hayworth (NY-18)
- Congressman Chris Gibson (NY-19)
- Congresswoman Ann Marie Buerkle (NY-24)
- Congressman Bill Johnson (OH-06)
- Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick (PA-08)
- Congressman Tim Murphy (PA-18)
- Congresswoman Kristi Noem (SD-AL)
- Congressman Scott DesJarlais (TN-04)
- Congressman Scott Rigell (VA-02)