Jul 10, 2012
House Republicans Political Point Scoring, No Action on Jobs
House Republicans are planning a vote tomorrow that is nothing but another political stunt to protect insurance company profits instead of taking action to strengthen middle class families. Everyone knows the vote will lead nowhere and according to NPR, this is the 31st attempt by House Republicans to repeal.
Take a look for yourself how this vote is being described:
- “all about scoring political points” [NPR, 7/9/12]
- “But the move, like most of the votes before, will lead to nothing” [CBS News, 7/9/12]
- “a largely symbolic act” [LA Times, 6/28/12]
- “the exercise is purely symbolic.” [Real Clear Politics, 7/9/12]
- “another quixotic attempt” [Politico, 7/8/12]
- “Forcing a vote to repeal the healthcare law would be symbolic” [The Hill, 7/06/12]
- “latest display of campaign-messaging theater” [FOX News, 7/09/12]
Is that what we need more of in Washington? It’s past time for House Republicans to stop playing these political games and get serious about creating jobs and strengthening the middle class.