California’s 47th (CA - 47)
Updated: September 17, 2022
This race will be decided by the fundamental question – which candidate is looking out and delivering for Orange County families? Scott Baugh is a corrupt and extreme right-wing politician who is out of step with Orange County’s values.
Voters in the Los Angeles media market need to see cable TV and OTT/CTV ads and persuadable voters across the district need to see digital ads and should read mail that lobbyist Scott Baugh is a serial lawbreaker who racked up criminal charges as a state legislator and is only out for himself.
- As a state legislator, Scott Baugh faced more than 20 criminal charges, indicted on 4 felony charges, and 18 misdemeanor charges, for violating campaign finance laws, and perjury. He paid a more than $47,000 fine for his violations.
- After serving in the California State Legislature, Baugh cashed out and became a professional lobbyist. Baugh was paid by special interests to lobby his former colleagues and give his clients special access in Sacramento.
- While Baugh was chair of the Orange County Republican Party, it was embroiled in a voting fraud scandal that resulted in 12 people being charged, after dozens of residents had their voter registration changed to Republican without their consent.
Voters in the Los Angeles media market need to see cable TV and OTT/CTV ads and persuadable voters across the district, in particular, NPP women and AAPI voters under 45, need see digital ads and should read mail about Baugh’s extreme opposition to abortion.
- Scott Baugh was “staunchly anti-abortion” and has said “I do not support abortion in any form.” Baugh opposes abortion even in cases of rape and incest and if elected would join with the leaders of his party in implementing a nationwide ban on abortion.
Persuadable voters across the district in particular, AAPI voters under 45 need to see digital ads and should receive mail about:
- Scott Baugh opposes common sense restrictions on guns and assault weapons, receiving an A rating from the national gun lobby, the NRA. Baugh is on the side of the gun industry and the gun lobby which refuses to address gun violence and mass shootings.
Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters on October 10th and as much as 50% of expected votes could be cast by 10 days before the election.
<< Back to Races