With an expansive battlefield of seats in front of them for 2016, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee today is launching “One-Term Wonders” to highlight the first round of top targets. The site – OneTermWonders.com – features 15 freshmen who shouldn’t unpack their bags.
Just like Soft Cell and Frankie Goes To Hollywood, one hit wonders have populated musical history for years. In 2016, electoral history will have the “One-Term Wonders.” These are freshman Republicans who were swept up in the 2014 election, but will be swept out in the 2016 election. The freshmen won’t be able to win once scrutiny of how “out-of-step” they are with the 2016 electorate.
“The hits will keep on coming on these ‘One-Term Wonders’ now through Election Day, and they won’t be able to hide their reckless special interest agendas,” said Josh Schwerin of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “Democrats are on offense this cycle. We will work tirelessly to highlight how ‘out-of-step’ these ‘One-Term Wonders’ are with their constituents.”
The following 15 districts are included in the “One-Term Wonders” Hit List:
- Congresswoman Martha McSally (AZ-02)
- Congressman David Jolly (FL-13)
- Congressman Carlos Curbelo (FL-26)
- Congressman Rod Blum (IA-01)
- Congressman David Young (IA-03)
- Congressman Bob Dold (IL-10)
- Congressman Mike Bost (IL-12)
- Congressman Bruce Poliquin (ME-02)
- Congressman Frank Guinta (NH-01)
- Congressman Cresent Hardy (NV-04)
- Congressman Lee Zeldin (NY-01)
- Congressman John Katko (NY-24)
- Congressman Ryan Costello (PA-06)
- Congressman Will Hurd (TX-23)
- Congresswoman Barbara Comstock (VA-10)
Each week the DCCC will bring a new member of the group to the top as that week’s “Hit.” The chosen freshman will be highlighted and the site will unveil how unqualified he or she is for their district.