New York’s 3rd (NY - 03)
Updated: February 2, 2024
Tom Suozzi gets things done. Tom Suozzi is a common sense, bipartisan leader who will work with both parties to get things done and deliver for Nassau and Southeast Queens. He’ll work across the aisle to increase border security and combat the migrant crisis, support our police to reduce crime, and deliver for veterans and working families. Tom Suozzi is about finding common sense solutions to everyday problems – and voters trust him to roll up his sleeves and deliver for them.
Meanwhile, Mazi Pilip is unvetted and untested. Handpicked out of nowhere by party bosses, she’s trying to hide the fact she’s embraced a party whose platform includes wanting to ban abortion in New York even for victims of rape or incest and has even been subpoenaed in a case involving allegations of her husband’s business’ failure to pay rent. The last thing Nassau and Queens needs is another unvetted, unknown, ineffective person representing us in Congress.
As voters make their final decisions, on New York City broadcast, cable, and OTT/CTV, they need to continue seeing ads about Mazi Pilip’s extremism on abortion in her own words, and immediately start seeing ads that talk about how:
- The press is continuing to uncover things about Mazi Pilip – and voters need to hear and see through local news sources who report that she is uninformed on the issues and won’t take questions. Voters also need to hear from local news sources who report that Mazi Pilip’s finances are under scrutiny – she is now facing questions about money she and her family reported owing to the IRS and questions about whether she is telling the truth about her finances. She has even been subpoenaed in a case involving allegations of her husband’s business’ failure to pay rent. Nassau County and Queens need a representative they can trust – they can’t afford to be represented by another ineffective, unknown, and unvetted disaster.
As voters make their final decisions, voters need to see digital ads (including on streaming services) about Mazi Pilip. AAPI voters need to see distinct ads and Latino voters need to see distinct ads that explain that:
- Voters can’t afford to be fooled again! Mazi Pilip is totally unvetted, handpicked by extreme party bosses. She’s hiding from voters that she’s embraced a party with an extreme platform of banning abortion in New York, with no exceptions for rape or incest.
Democratic voters who need to get out to vote, including AAPI, Latino, and Black voters, need to see digital ads (including on streaming services), receive mail, and hear at their doors that:
- Mazi Pilip is totally unvetted, handpicked by extreme party bosses. She’s hiding from voters that she’s embraced a party with an extreme platform of banning abortion in New York, with no exceptions for rape or incest. She wants to hide that position, but we won’t be fooled again. These voters need to be reminded to vote on or before February 13 for Tom Suozzi!
As voters make their final decisions, voters, especially Independent and GOP-leaning voters, need to see digital ads (including on streaming) and receive mail about Tom Suozzi that explains that:
- Suozzi believes both parties need to come together and pass commonsense bipartisan immigration reform that stops illegal migrants from crossing the border and creates a path to citizenship for migrants who follow the rules. In Congress, he worked with Republican Rep. Peter King on a bipartisan solution – and, Suozzi voted to fund ICE to strengthen our border security and solve the immigration crisis.
AAPI voters need to continue to see digital ads about Tom Suozzi that explain that:
- Tom Suozzi has worked with police to lower crime, has a tough, realistic plan to combat illegal immigration and is a common sense centrist who will get things done.
Voters also need to hear at their doors the following information about Tom Suozzi:
- Suozzi has been praised by Newsday for his ability to deliver for the district.
- Suozzi is a leader fighting for working families and is endorsed by the AFL-CIO, and the Building Trades Unions.
- Suozzi has a record of fighting to clean the Sound, protect drinking water and combat climate change. He is supported by New York League of Conservation Voters, the League of Conservation Voters, the National Resources Defense Council, and the Sierra Club – who call him “The Only Proven Environmental Champion in the Race.”
- Suozzi is a strong supporter of gun safety laws – he has an F rating from the NRA and a record as Nassau County Executive of working productively with police and lowering crime. Suozzi is endorsed by Brady PAC, Giffords PAC, and is a Moms Demand Action candidate of distinction.
- Suozzi is endorsed by Planned Parenthood. Suozzi has a 100% rating from Planned Parenthood and is a strong and reliable supporter of abortion rights.
- Suozzi pushed for solutions that would lower costs for us; from fighting to lower taxes by reinstating SALT, the deduction for state and local taxes to reducing the cost of insulin and other prescription medicine, he will always work to help families get ahead.
- Suozzi worked across the aisle to push for solutions that would help our veterans in Queens and on Long Island receive better healthcare.
- Suozzi has developed a bipartisan immigration plan that strengthens border security and puts in place a common sense path to citizenship for those who follow the rules.
- It is critical that broad communication to voters include local news reporting validating inconsistencies, discrepancies and outstanding questions about Mazi Pilip’s financial entanglements:
- Fox 5
- Republican Mazi Pilip running to replace expelled congressman George Santos (youtube.com)
- Island360: “Pilip is ignorant of the issues”
- New York Times: “Financial questions re-emerge,” “drawn scrutiny”
- City and State: “Mazi Melesa Pilip subpoenaed to testify”
- NBC New York: Mazi Pilip is “unknown”
- Conservative Party voters should not receive targeted communications.
- It is important for voters to associate Pilip with extremists, not MAGA.
- Voters need to hear from Tom Suozzi in his own words that, in Congress, Tom Suozzi voted to fund ICE .
- It is important for Democratic AAPI voters, who would definitely support Tom Suozzi if they voted, to hear from door to door canvassers who speak their language. It is also important for Democratic voters who regularly vote, and who would definitely support Tom Suozzi, to be reminded via door to door canvassing to cast a vote for Tom Suozzi during early in person voting from February 3rd to February 11th and on Election Day, February 13.
<< Back to Races