Meanwhile, Orange County Families Lose Loved Ones
As Orange County families face real life economic and health challenges at the hands of the COVID-19 pandemic, Orange County Supervisor and GOP Congressional candidate Michelle Steel has spent the pandemic taking her talking points from her political role model – President Trump.
Much like Trump, Steel has downplayed the severity and ignored the facts and challenges for Orange County families during this crisis. In the last seven months:
- Steel ignored factual information and expert advice, agreeing with Trump calling COVID-19 the “China Virus”.
- Steel even went so far as to say in March, that warmer weather would make the virus “disappear”. Not true. A week earlier, President Trump said almost the exact same thing and has now repeated it 32 times.
- Steel touted flattening the curve of COVID-19 cases in Orange County, despite county data showing cases steadily rising.
- Steel touted COVID-19 testing in Orange County, despite testing failing to meet County goals.
- Steel was even criticized early on during the pandemic for politicalizing the crisis, with her local paper calling her out for “petty political maneuvers and bullying”. While, also working to elevate her image through “uncontrolled bouts of press conferences […] paid for by taxpayers,” during this crisis.
Any of the above displays of “leadership” sound familiar during this crisis?
Statement from DCCC Spokesperson Andy Orellana:
“As Orange County families have faced the severe economic and health care challenges of this pandemic, Orange County Supervisor Michelle Steel has repeatedly downplayed and lied to the families of Orange County. The failed leadership from President Trump and Michelle Steel have cost Orange County lives and livelihoods.”